Tourism & Recreation
Nestled in the Assiniboine and Shell Valleys in western Manitoba our Region boasts diverse terrain that supports plenty of options for outdoor adventure, including world-class fishing, wild game hunting and viewing, hiking, cycling, kayaking & canoeing, golfing, skiing, and snowmobiling. Developments along Lake of the Prairies and at Silver Beach Resort create opportunity for seasonal and full-time living. They bring new people into the area who are looking for things to do. Combine this with the unique Main Street in Russell that features the Prairie Arch Gallery and the delightful communities of Binscarth, Inglis and Angusville and you have the recipe for a successful Tourism Business. Entrepreneurs may consider a variety of guest services such as:
- Guiding services
- Culinary tourism options
- Outdoor adventures
- Cultural experiences
Our Competitive Advantage:
- Home to 2 of the 4 Travel Manitoba Star Tourism Attractions that are located in the Parkland region: The Asessippi Ski Area & Resort and Inglis Grain Elevators National Historic Site; two very unique tourism attributes in a rural Manitoba setting!
- Back country access to a 3rd Star Attraction, Riding Mountain National Park, is available from our Region.
- And at the Heart of our area recreation area is our 4th Star Lake of the Prairies, hosting a number of recreational cottage communities with Asessippi Provincial Park anchoring the south end.
- Tourism here isn’t a seasonal affair. We have year-round attractions and amenities.
- A workforce with a strong customer service attitude
- Warm, friendly and inviting Communities that embrace visitors
- A dedicated tourism promotions organization, Asessippi Parkland Tourism www.asessippiparklandtourism.com
The area takes full advanage of working with Travel Manitoba to further develop tourism thoughout the region. Top three Visitor experiences being Parks, Beaches, Boating, with an average of 467,000 visitors and $53,000,000 spent.